How to get to us:
On the motorway A61, Köln-Koblenz. Leave the A61 at the exit no. 26: "Swisttal-Heimerzheim / Euskirchen". Then follow the signs and drive towards Euskirchen - Attention: Stationary speed cameras! Behind the roundabout in the industrial area "IPAS" on the motorway slip road turn left after 500 meters and follow the signs to Großbüllesheim. The Michaelstr. in the tranquil village Großbüllesheim can be found directly opposite the church, where you will find us after about 100m on the left side of the road. In front of the hotel there are enough free parking spaces available.
The DB-Station Großbüllesheim is within walking distance from the hotel. It lies on the DB-Cologne-Euskirchen-Gerolstein-Trier route. To Cologne main station, Cologne and Deutz-Messe, the journey takes only 35-40 minutes. Meeting at the station is available on request. Please contact us for at least one day in advance if you want us to pick you up.
The stop of the city bus line 875 is only 150m away from the hotel. The shuttle will take you into the city Euskirchen to the beat of traffic.
Our hotel is located at the intersection of several cycling routes.
The "moated castles route" (Tour 2) leads directly past our house, as well as the "Euskirchen castle tour" (stage 1). The "Erft cycle path" is in the immediate vicinity. You will find our hotel garni within sight of the Großbüllesheim Church and near the Castle Großbüllesheim.
Bikers are welcome in our hotel - even groups. Please register early so that we can reserve the number of rooms. Take advantage of our house as a way point, bicycle storage is available. The DB-breakpoint "Großbüllesheim", on the line between Cologne and Trier, is just a few hundred meters away from our hotel. Most trains have separate bicycle compartments. Use our hotel as a base for several days, go star-shaped the individual routes from our hotel and return in the evening…
For pilgrims and hikers
The Way of St. James Cologne-Schengen also runs nearby (1.5 km). Please leave the Erft trail at the level of the village Wüschheim (located between Weilerswist and Euskirchen - coming from Cologne about 4km before Euskirchen), follow the signs to Wüschheim / Großbüllesheim. Both villages are nereby each other. We are happy to pick you up by prior arrangement from the Erft or at other venues.
Please contact us, we will gladly make suggestions and accommodation deals. For more detailed information please visit the following external websites:
- Die Wasserburgen-Route - Discover a beautiful landscape by bike
- Der Erft-Radweg - From the source to the mouth
- fernwege.de - Hiking in Europe
- Der Jakobsweg - The Way of St. James from Cologne / Bonn to Schengen
The hotel is located in a very quiet location (residential area). Noise is not to be expected and you can relax and unwind. The Eifel with its national park, hiking trails and lakes is easily accessible by car and is ideal for day trips (about 35 km). The thermal baths and swimming world Euskirchen is just 3 km away from the hotel. If you want see more, we recommend the following external links:
- Stadt Euskirchen - with information and events
- Denkmale in Großbüllesheim - Monuments in Großbüllesheim
- Spas and bathing in Euskirchen - Palm Paradise and Wellness
- Glasmuseum Rheinbach - with Guided Tour and Workshops
- Monte Mare Rheinbach - with Pool, Indoor-Air-Diving, Sauna- & Wellness-Paradise
- Phantasialand Brühl - Leisure and adventure theme park
- Schlösser Brühl - Castles of Augustusburg and Falkenlust with their gardens and parks
- Schloss Miel - Events, Restaurant and Golfclub
- Schloss Eicks - with Garden Festival “Country Homes”
- Burg Satzvey - with various events, for example, "Jousting"
- Steinbachtalsperre - Pool und Wald-Gasthaus Steinbach with its very own brewery
- Bad Münstereifel - historically grown romantic town with City-Outlet
- Industry Museum Tuchfabrik Müller
- Open-air Museum Kommern
- Mining Museum Mechernich